Keg + Keg Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellynm

Reaction score
Yesterday I asked a friend who knows a guy who works for one of the local liquor distributors if he could help me get a keg for a keggle conversion. He said he'd look into it. This morning he told me to come by his house and he has both a 1/2 bbl keg and a corny keg... all for $30! :ban:

I had been keeping my eyes open for the last few months. 2 weeks ago I had one friend come through with a free one and picked up an almost brand new Widmer keg of CL for 25 bucks on the same day. I really need to get around to cutting them one of these days.

Nice score!

I picked up all in the below photo for a total of $80 yesterday. $50 for 2 sanke kegs and $30 for 2 cornies. He threw in the two stacked plastic top/bottom kegs for free. Told him I couldn't use them for keggles, but I realized later that I can ferment in those.

I'd been looking on CL for a year. I'd contacted local breweries to no avail. I posted a wanted ad on CL a month ago and got these yesterday.

image-2951351331.jpg

Back