keg help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonytwist

Reaction score
i just purchased 2 FRANKE Kegs please can anyone advise how i refill please i am new to brewing i have never used kegs before hope i have not wasted money on wrong kegs

$_58.JPG

Photo 01-05-2014 15 15 59.jpg

Photo 01-05-2014 15 16 29.jpg

I've never seen kegs like that before. I'm sure someone here will know what to do with them, but they certainly aren't the normal kegs most of us use for homebrew. Those ones are referred to as Corny kegs. If my calculations are right, it says the max pressure on them is 50psi as well. Most of the corny kegs i've seen have a 130psi max pressure. If you use them you'll want to be careful to keep them under 50psi at all times. That's well above serving pressure, but it wouldn't be that outlandish for someone to receommend or use 50psi to quickly carbonate some beer, so just be careful.

if you can find the proper tap fitting for it and can figure out how to take them apart then you could use them. However if it were me I'd try to return them, not worth the trouble and you'll end up with corny kegs eventually anyway.

Back