Keg Handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tads777

Reaction score
I bought a bunch of single handle kegs recently but some of them don't have handles. Has anyone had to build handles or know where to get replacement ones?

Are the handles you have "spot" welded on?

You can always make some........Don't know that I've seen "replacement" weld on handles.

Where are you located?............Post it with your "info", just below where your "screen name" is............That way, someone could say:"Yeah, drive down to 1411 Blow Gourd Blvd. and ask for Calvin, he'll fix you up", or something like that.

Usually they are spot welded on, harbor freight sells a arc welder for 79, you could weld a steel gate handle on yourself, then have it for other jobs. Other than that maybe you could sew yourself a keg bag with handles:)

Are the handles you have "spot" welded on?

You can always make some........Don't know that I've seen "replacement" weld on handles.

Where are you located?............Post it with your "info", just below where your "screen name" is............That way, someone could say:"Yeah, drive down to 1411 Blow Gourd Blvd. and ask for Calvin, he'll fix you up", or something like that.

Thank you for the tip on adding location on the info portion. The handles are not weld on they are screw on. Like this one:
http://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/attachm...ed-3-gallon-ball-lock-corny-kegs-img_1938.jpg

Ahhh.......So the "mount bosses" are still there for the "missing handles", yes?

Figure out the thread size, ( if the screws are missing), and you could make your handles from just about anything, such as some soft stainless flat stock, which could be easily formed with a hammer over a piece of pipe, ( to get the rounded section), and flatten the ends with said hammer or a vise, add screws and washers, and you're set.
You could crafty and make some rope handles, ( loop in each end, over size washer to contain the loops).

Curious.......Can you not obtain some handles from where you purchased the "used " kegs?

Handles are the things that break, while tanks live on.
There are a lot more tanks missing handles than there are handles missing tanks.
Thus, "replacement" (read: "junk yard") handles are pricey li'l m-f'ers.
Check this out...

Cheers! :eek:

I've never seen a keg handle like that. Are those old models? All the kegs I have either have a spot welded metal handle or 2 plastic handles on both sides of the keg.

You could get some 1" wide nylon webbing/strap, and then put a grommet in each end, and then bolt that on to the keg. For the advanced model, run the strap through a 6" long (or so) rubber hose for a beefier handle.
The nylon webbing is available at places like Eastern Mountain Sports, and most army/navy stores

You could get some 1" wide nylon webbing/strap, and then put a grommet in each end, and then bolt that on to the keg. For the advanced model, run the strap through a 6" long (or so) rubber hose for a beefier handle.
The nylon webbing is available at places like Eastern Mountain Sports, and most army/navy stores

I think I might try this out. Thanks nhwrecker.

Back