Keg fridge unplugged daily. Problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rconway91

Reaction score
Since quarantine started, the storage room where my kegerator lived has been converted to my girlfriends office.
She unplugs the fridge every work day because she thinks its too loud ( it is loud). The loudness is part of reason it ended up in the storage room... She plugs it back in most of the time at the end of day. It warms up to about 45-50F by the end of the day. Sometimes it sits overnight unplugged....
Anyway, other than warmer and foamier beer than I would like, is this problematic? Is my beer going bad? Could it spoil and become dangerous? Am I damaging the flavor or other qualitive aspects of the beer? I haven't noticed any issues with the few batches I have made since this started.

About all that could be considered is most chemical reactions accelerate with temperature, but this case doesn't pose truly significant "out of bounds" excursions over long durations.

Obviously, minimize the off-line times when possible, but I wouldn't sweat it.
And some folks like their beer at 50°F :)

Cheers!

Back