Keg fridge crapped out, MUST BOTTLE :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demfer

Reaction score
So my fridge crapped out today and I have a Belgian Strong Dark that I now need to naturally carb in bottle. My beer is in secondary and about 10%ABV so I know the yeast is nearly depleted. I have a few 250mL containers of washed yeast from the primary in the fridge, has anyone had experience pitching washed yeast for bottle carbing? Perhaps I should only use very little, like 50mL of the container for 4Gallons?

x2 naturally carb that bad boy in the keg, get new fridge / freezer via craigslist for cheap and profit

-=Jason=-

Theoretically If I naturally carb in the keg, can I THEN bottle lets say by counter pressure filling by keeping a few psi of pressure on the keg and filling it? I want to have most of this batch sit in bottles and age for a little while.

I would assume since the fridge is the only part dead... you still have co2? You can still force carb without the fridge, but you will need to crank up the pressure at higher temps. You can use this chart to figure out what you want that beer at. After you have it to where you want it, you could bottle from the keg.

Its very inefficient for C02 to dissolve into liquid at room temp. I might just throw yeast and sugar into a keg, put a blanket of co2 down and then counter pressure fill bottles as usual.

Latest posts

Back