(Keg) diptube/beerline clogging with hops. Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saeroner

Reaction score
Dry hopped in the keg and i guess i was stupid and just poured the pellets straight into the keg before applying the gas.

5 days later it won't pour.

I keep removing the diptube and clearing it. It finally cleared (after 4 times removing) but now only the tip gets clogged right away. I removed it like 5 more times but as soon as i try and pour it clogs after 2 seconds.

I'm thinking let the hops settle overnight and try and make it clog the line again fully and hopefully that gets all the gunk out... pain in the ass.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Next time bag your pellet hops in a small nylon mesh bag. You want to be able to remove them when your done with them. For this case, you can rack to another keg and force carbonate. If you don't have another keg make a friend and borrow theirs until you can clean yours out and rack back. It's good to have friends. Treat them to free beer for the trouble.

^ Thanks so use a siphon? I have another keg. also i guess you mean rack everything if the hops settle at the bottom? they will right? or else what is the point of racking only to have the same problem again

Yes you rack off the hops. It sounds like they have been in there a few days. Leave the hops behind. Rack just the beer and force carbonate it. So use your racking cane or auto siphon and rack to a new clean and sanitized corny keg.

Latest posts

Back