keg connector deflection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

physics911

Reaction score
How far should a pin lock connector deflect before you get a squirt of CO2?
I've got one gas in connector that is noticeably more sensitive than all the rest. It isn't super sensitive, but I estimate the top can't deflect more than 2 or 3 mm before I hear a hiss; the rest are probably in the 6 to 8 mm range.

This is my first keezer build. I am a couple weeks away from having product ready to dispense, and am in the process of making sure there are no leaks. I've stopped a couple, but feel like I still have a micro-leak going on somewhere.

Thank you,
Chris

Day trippr,
I purchased used 4 pin locks from cornykeg.com, and put new O-rings and poppets in all of them before putting them into the system. The rebuild kits came from kegconnetion.com. 7 of the 8 connections seem fine to me, and the 8th just seems touchy, not necessarily bad.

I guess I should just buy some posts and replace the suspect one.

Thank you,
Chris

That's certainly a good question.
I'll go down shortly and switch the connectors between kegs and see if it follows the connector or the keg.

Latest posts

Back