Keg condition then bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregmcc

Reaction score
I'm fed up of Sediment in my bottles, any harm or reason not to condition in a keg then bottle? Does it ruin the beer?

Nope! Check out the sticky in this forum (kegging/bottling) titled "We don't need no stinking beer gun" on a simple, cheap, and foolproof method for bottling from the keg.

You may want to transfer under pressure to a new keg before bottling to totally minimize sediment transfer.

I love bottling from a keg. It's the best way to save some for later. I've even dumped a batch of imp stout out of the bottles into a keg after it never quite carbed up. Once it was bubbly it went back into bottles. It's over a year old now and quite tasty.

Even better than bottling from a keg is pulling a growler for a friend that's giving you a big head about how great your beer is. :D

Cornies are a great way to condition. They take up less space than a carboy, are light-tight and can't break. If there is much sediment in your beer, you probably should pour it into a pitcher until it runs clear, then bottle. Then drink the pitcher.

No cheating, only fill the pitcher until the beer runs clear.

Latest posts

Back