Keg/Carboy washer & line cleaner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirteen

Reaction score
I made mention of this in another thread and figured I'd snap a few pictures. Once the video camera charges I'll hopefully remember to shoot some video.

It's a pretty standard washer powered by a utility pump. QD's for cleaning both the gas and liquid lines, etc... The business end is a male hydraulic QD with the shutoff valve (basically a poppet) punched out. This allows me to clean kegs/carboys without needing to depress the valve.

To clean my beer lines I attach the female hydraulic coupling (again, shutoff valve removed) which is mated to a liquid post. After that it's only a matter of snapping on my keezer QD, opening up the tap and turning on the pump.

Oh, and before I'm asked, that's a 15.5 cft chest freezer and can hold 10 kegs.

DSCN9785.JPG

DSCN9790.JPG

DSCN9789.JPG

Sorry for the tardy reply. I'm finishing up my second week of night shifts and don't spend much time online when I'm doing them.

The couplers are both Hansen. Part numbers B4HP26 & B4KP26. I also used a 3/4 sweat to 1/2 MPT adapter to connect to the 3/4 copper and a 1/2 MPT to 1/4 FPT bush to connect to the cornelius adapter http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=plug-adapter-mpt

Back