Keg Carbonating & Manifold Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayZeus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently expanded my setup and went from a single keg to 4. Now I am brewing different recipes and I'm noticing that it seems to take MUCH longer for the beer to carb up than it did when I had a single keg. This doesn't make sense to me. Am I supposed to jack up the pressure to accommodate the extra volume or something?

No. Whatever pressure is showing on the low pressure regulator is what's being applied to all of the kegs on the open manifold valves, assuming you don't have any secondary regulators inserted.

If your kegs are taking longer to carbonate than they used to, there's some other reason.

Hi guys,
I recently expanded my setup and went from a single keg to 4. Now I am brewing different recipes and I'm noticing that it seems to take MUCH longer for the beer to carb up than it did when I had a single keg. This doesn't make sense to me. Am I supposed to jack up the pressure to accommodate the extra volume or something?
Some beers carb slower. My imperial stout seems to take $#@&% forever. Even with higher pressure.

Back