Keezer time - Just bought an old freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
Just bought an old freezer getting ready to order some parts to turn it into a Keezer.

Is it possible to build it to be expandable? Right now I only see the need for one keg, but that might change once I taste a kegged homebrew.

Cool, I ordered a 2 tap setup anyway, the SWMBO said it was ok, if I folded and put away the laundry tonight. Credit Card is now racked up, but whatever, if I don't pay it off before I die, then the life insurance will.

Ordered this kit from kegconnection.com,

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=336

I hope it arrives in the next couple weeks so I can keg a couple kegs for halloween.

Now I need a temperature controller...Not sure what chore I am going to have to do to get one of those.

hilarious. a lot of people will just add another keg without another regulator. it obviously eliminates the ability to carb beers to style, but it's worked just fine for me so far. i have 4 kegs running off one regulator. hopefully the wife will be easy on you!

The SWMBO decided the freezer I bought was too big for our bar area, so I had to switch it with the old freezer we already had. Problem was the new freezer was too big to fit in the laundry room, so I had to reorganize the laundry room. Then the new freezer was too big to fit in through the door, so I had to take the hinges off and remove the top.

The good news is, I have everything arrange now, and I hope it will make her happy. Somehow I doubt it, but I am sure we will compromise eventually.

Hopefully you do, personally I don't see what you're doing as a big deal.

My girlfriend was the one who told me that if we couldn't have at least 4 taps then it wasn't worth making.

My wife doesn't drink beer, and brewing is a very expensive hobby here. It has been costing me like $90+ to do all grain batches. So to keep more than 2 kegs tapped all the time, with 2 in the pipeline would be pricey.

My wife doesn't drink beer, and brewing is a very expensive hobby here. It has been costing me like $90+ to do all grain batches. So to keep more than 2 kegs tapped all the time, with 2 in the pipeline would be pricey.

Yikes! Fair enough then.

Back