Keezer rebuild, need advice...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cameron8939

Reaction score
So I'm replacing the collar on my keezer to a 8" high collar, using a higher quality wood. My question is how can I remove my old collar from my keezer. It is bonded with liquid nails and is proving to be a pain in the ass to take off.

Any help would be great, thank you.

Based on my experience, the only good way is a box cutter with a few good razors and patience. A drywall keyhole saw also does a decent job. Any specific reason you're redoing the collar? Makes sense if you need more height, but not if you just want better wood. I've used pine 2x6 lumber for the collar, and then put oak 1x8 over top of it for a better look and seal.

It's mostly for height reasons. If I add the extra height to it I can fit up to 6 kegs inside, plus I have a bunch of wood left over from other household projects. Thanks for the quick response. I've been going at it with a box cutter for a while now might have to pick up and keyhole saw and give that a go.

cameron8939 said:
It's mostly for height reasons. If I add the extra height to it I can fit up to 6 kegs inside, plus I have a bunch of wood left over from other household projects. Thanks for the quick response. I've been going at it with a box cutter for a while now might have to pick up and keyhole saw and give that a go.

Another thing that *could* work is a hacksaw blade. If you can find a sturdy way to hold both sides.

I'd go at the thing with a reciprocating saw but then I'd regret it.

I'd use an undercut saw or a jamb saw (same thing). They are like:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100546955?productId=100546955&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=100546955&ci_kw={keyword}&kwd={keyword}&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googleads-_-pla-_-100546955&ci_gpa=pla

Most people use them to cut door jambs flush with hardwood or tile flooring that's old construction work.

Latest posts

Back