Keezer questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright, I'm tired of cleaning bottles, and poker players even worse than me have been kind enough to front the money for a keezer project.

I desire a super cool chest freezer with a collar sporting four or five taps spewing refreshing liquids that make me feel funny on demand. I'm fine with the wood work, and I can get kegs and all the plumbing supplies I need from my LHBS, so I'm set there. I can also figure out how to buy a chest freezer. Beyond that, I'm definitely not the handy sort.

The biggest thing I can't seem to get settled is what sort of regulator setup I need. I know I'll want a dual regulator with tank pressure and line pressure, but I'm sort of stuck beyond that. What's the best way to get gas to five kegs? Will I want more than one pressure available at any one time? I don't want to blow money unnecessarily, but I want to be happy without feeling like I'll need an upgrade in a year.

I'm sure this has been covered, but I just got tired of searching through all the info without really nailing what I'm looking for. A helpful link or any info would be appreciated.

I use stainless T's and Crosses to split my lines in my kegerator & keezer. It's the cheapest and easiest way. Just make sure you have a check valve in your system and you never fill past the gas in tube on a keg. You only get one pressure, but you can get started right away and upgrade without any hassles. All you need is some Tee's and Crosses, with clamps and you are good to go.

Here's 6 kegs on one tank and one regulator.
6KegsOnGas.jpg

I use a four way manifold and then splitters like Ed's as well.

One nice thing about a simple manifold is if I want to quick carb a keg at 30PSI for 2 days, I can simply shut off the valves to the other kegs and not need to disconnect.

I strongly recommend you bunch up your taps to one side to make loading and unloading cornies easier. It also makes a drip tray easier.

Chest_Bigger_2.jpg

Chest_Bigger_1.jpg

I had keezer envy even before I finished my sanyo 4912. What model freezer are you two using?

Ah, thanks guys. That looks easy enough. Just one question: what's the check valve for and where would I put it?

Look closely at my first pic. In the upper right in the blue gas line you’ll see my check valve. It prevent gas or in some cases liquid, from flowing backwards up the line and into other kegs or the regulator. You put it between the keg and your gas connection (be it to a splitter, a manifold or a regulator).

If you ever overfill your keg and the gas tube is slightly submerged, you have potential for that liquid to blow back up the line and into your regulator of the keg pressure exceeds system pressure.

Look closely at my first pic. In the upper right in the blue gas line you’ll see my check valve. It prevent gas or in some cases liquid, from flowing backwards up the line and into other kegs or the regulator. You put it between the keg and your gas connection (be it to a splitter, a manifold or a regulator).

If you ever overfill your keg and the gas tube is slightly submerged, you have potential for that liquid to blow back up the line and into your regulator of the keg pressure exceeds system pressure.

Got it - thank you, sir!

Back