Keezer Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jweidman

Reaction score
Hey fellow HBT Members,

i have a few questions i didnt think about while i started my keezer build.

here is my situation, i bought the chest freezer to hold my beer in to ferment for now, (havnt done any fermentation yet) and to hold my cellar beer, i have noticed that i do get condensation which is fine but my Girlfriend said she saw some mold in the bottom, she cleaned it with bleach and lysol.

so my questions are.
1. any way to stop the condensation from forming or is it just the nature of the beast?

2. anyone have problems with mold?

i wanna build a fan and air circulation piping, i saw one on here cant remember who had it but it was bad ass, PVC pipe in the bottom and a rack To hold the beer above it was a great idea.

any help would be amazing thanks again.

hey fellow hbt members,

i have a few questions i didnt think about while i started my keezer build.

Here is my situation, i bought the chest freezer to hold my beer in to ferment for now, (havnt done any fermentation yet) and to hold my cellar beer, i have noticed that i do get condensation which is fine but my girlfriend said she saw some mold in the bottom, she cleaned it with bleach and lysol.

So my questions are.
1. Any way to stop the condensation from forming or is it just the nature of the beast?

2. Anyone have problems with mold?

I wanna build a fan and air circulation piping, i saw one on here cant remember who had it but it was bad ass, pvc pipe in the bottom and a rack to hold the beer above it was a great idea.

Any help would be amazing thanks again.

Yep. I saw that post as well. I liked the idea so much I stole it and worked it into my design. :D

There are lots of great ideas here from some talented folks :mug:

I didn't pipe it all the way to the top like the original poster did. I'm hoping that just getting everything up off the bottom will allow enough air circulation to prevent mold.

And I do have two fans circulating air in the coffin top. One intake and one exhaust.

false bottom.jpg

BTW, I don't normally see much condensation on the inside unless I'm opening and closing it a lot. Or have it open for periods of time while doing something. Is it possible you have an air leak something?? I would check for that first.

Check out the Keezer Build link in my signature. Maybe you can steel some other ideas that I stole too!

:mug:

Back