keezer or kegerator building in canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja_Brewer

Reaction score
So ive recently made the cross into the ever so expensive but easier world of kegging and I have several brews sitting in kegs. Ive been considering a picnic tap and bucket of ice for parties, but Ive also been wanting to build a kegerator or keezer.

Im located in montreal and havent been able to locate any sayno 4192's or oster 5 cu ft fridges to make a tower...I did however find a Danby Chest Freezer, 3.6 cu.ft. at canadian tire. I havent gone to look at it yet but i think i could get a keg or two in here...and at about the same price for the unit as the previously mentioned fridges.

I was wondering if anyone in canada could give me some advice on building a small (2 or 3 keg) unit? something that would fit easily in a small apartment.

I got the 4.6 CuFt Danby fridge from Canadian Tire. $129 on sale a few months ago. You need to shave down the notches on the side but then it fits two cornies and a Five Pounder of CO2 in the back.

I've been using picnic taps but I just got a two-tap tower from B3 and will be drilling into the top shortly.

Is there freon in the top? I'll let the forum know shortly if there isn't or if I have a $129 boat anchor.

Rudeboy

Back