keezer in a public bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudash02

Reaction score
is there any kind of public discrepancy over the use of using a keezer in a public bar, I run a kitchen in a local restaurant and were looking to have a make over and change the position of the bar does anyone have any information on this I build a keezer already and its great so im wondering why cant I just build one and save couple hundred dollars instead of buying a commercial one any info would be great

db858e68db29a6ef1a78b11485d022a5.jpg

is there any kind of public discrepancy over the use of using a keezer in a public bar, I run a kitchen in a local restaurant and were looking to have a make over and change the position of the bar does anyone have any information on this I build a keezer already and its great so im wondering why cant I just build one and save couple hundred dollars instead of buying a commercial one any info would be great

This will be questionable. You would have to look into city regulations to see if they will allow modification for a commercial product. A lot of times they will. We just opened a brewery our town and we were able to get our cold room which is 15 ' x 6' build from scratch instead of paying crazy money for a pre-fabricated one.

That would be a question better suited to your local health department. They will the entity to regulate. Their concern will be ease of cleaning and proper holding temp.

But, what you need to consider is the cost savings over building a keezer that will get beat to hell as opposed to buying one built to withstand abuses.

Assuming you will be serving from half barrel kegs, a consumer grade freezer is not built to withstand the abuse of having those "dropped in" routinely.

Back