Quantcast

Keezer help

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Bigkjr

Reaction score
HELP! I resently converted a chest freezer using an stc-1000. The thermostat turns on and gives readings. I can hear it switching when the temperature reaches the set temp but my freezer continues to run.

day_trippr

Bastard-covered bastard with bastard filling
Reaction score
Can you post a drawing or a revealing picture of the wiring you used for the STC-1000?

Cheers!

OP
B

Bigkjr

Reaction score
Can you post a drawing or a revealing picture of the wiring you used for the STC-1000?

Cheers!
The power supply is wired to the stc-1000 and then the compressor and the silver cylinder screwed to the back wall Behind the compressor are in the wiring harnesses that connect to the cooling controls.

Attachments

day_trippr

Reaction score
When I count the wires in this picture I'm coming up one short. Is there a wire coming from the cool relay that isn't shown in this pic?

Each STC relay you want to use has to be fed an AC connection, then the other side of the relay goes to the load.

fwiw, the silver cylinder is the start capacitor...

Cheers!

OP
B

Bigkjr

Reaction score
When I count the wires in this picture I'm coming up one short. Is there a wire coming from the cool relay that isn't shown in this pic?

Each STC relay you want to use has to be fed an AC connection, then the other side of the relay goes to the load.

fwiw, the silver cylinder is the start capacitor...

Cheers!
To make sure I fully understand. I need a white wire leading from the wiring harness to the cool relay? Thank you for all your help.

day_trippr

Reaction score
Usually, not another white wire, unless you're switching neutral instead of switching the hot side.

Check out this diagram. It's not mine but it captures the gist of your installation. You need a hot and neutral to power the unit (pins 1 and 2) and for a fridge a hot wire going to pin 7 of the cool relay, then you connect pin 8 (the switched "Cool" output) to your compressor.

Cheers!

OP
B

Bigkjr

Reaction score
Usually, not another white wire, unless you're switching neutral instead of switching the hot side.

Check out this diagram. It's not mine but it captures the gist of your installation. You need a hot and neutral to power the unit (pins 1 and 2) and for a fridge a hot wire going to pin 7 of the cool relay, then you connect pin 8 (the switched "Cool" output) to your compressor.

Cheers!
Nailed it. Thank you very much.