Keezer/Fridge Combo with side mounted taps with Inkbird STC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reidthis

Reaction score
A few weeks back I posted a thread about my project to mount taps on the side of my side-by-side fridge freezer combo instead of the more common door mount.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...of-a-side-by-side-fridge.675423/#post-8789196

This week I wanted to add an additional tap and room for a corny so I could tap my homebrew as well. I faced a few issues:

1) the upright side-by-sides don't have a lot of room for kegs if you want to have bottle shelves and so on.
2) the freezer is vertical so space is limited and there's the temperature control issue
3) I'm not an electrician

So I did some research online, decided to try out the Inkbird STC-100 (Amazon $15) and it worked out better than I could have hoped.

There are a bunch of videos and chats on the STC-1000 so I won't go into massive detail but here's what I did. Check out the photos!

I mounted the home-brew tap along side the original (6" apart) and plan to extend the drip tray once it arrives.

In order to install the STC-1000 you just have to bypass the thermostat which in my case is located at the top of the fridge inside the door. There are two wires, I just unplugged them from the thermostat and connected them therefore bypassing the thermostat.

I located the compressor and fan power control on the bottom back of the fridge and wired the STC-1000 in to be the controller switch for the compressor.

Mounted the STC into the fridge wall at the bottom out of the way and ran the sensor wire beneath the fridge compartment and up into the freezer (about half way up the wall).

To increase airflow between the two compartments (so my fridge wood balance temperature I removed the damper at the top back of the fridge compartment.

Now I have a cold 1/6 keg in the main fridge and my corny in the former freezer. Man... I'm thirsty...

COMP POWER LAYOUT.jpg
COMP WIRING AFTER.jpg
STC-1000 WIRED.jpg
STC-1000 OUT.jpg
STC-1000 IN.jpg
DAMPER.jpg
FINISHED.jpg
20200402_143842.jpg

Back