Keezer Finally Done!! Diamondplating and all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About a month ago I asked some questions regarding paint and diamond plating as I began to plan out my keezer in this thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/keezer-diamond-plating-appliance-paint-white-black-102801/

Since then I've been working on it in my spare time and wanted to share my final product.

Main Parts include:
GE 7 CF freezer from CL
4 Perlick taps
shanks with chrome collars
2x6 cedar collar
8 foot strip of polished black diamond plating
double guage regulator
4 secondary regulators
Associated hoses and fittings
Ranco controller

Anyway basically I followed all the great tutorials found on this site and elsewhere. Only real addition I made was to use the chalk spray paint on the lid as I'd seen some do and then use the strip of diamond plate around the collar.

Here's my pics, let me know what you think! (Also, I know the date is wrong on the photos-new camera needs to be setup!!)

I finally get to try my beer! I had 4 in kegs ready to go including:
1) Amber Ale (Fat Tire clone from AHS)
2) Belgian Wit from LHBS
3) Pale Ale (Stone Pale Ale clone from AHS)
4) Peace Coffee Stout from Northern Brewer

phpmg5SwCPM.jpg

phpchebwcPM.jpg

phpoAl0lJPM.jpg

sweet. where did you get the shiny tall shank washers?

B

I got them from Kegconnection.com about 3 weeks ago. I just went to look for them on their site but I don't see them. For reference purposes they were $3.95/ea and the SKU/description is SK127 Shank, Flange - Stainless Steel

Sweet.

How many kegs can you fit in there? It looks like 6 plus the bottle might fit.

I am thinking about a freezer in the 7cf range. What I want is to have four on tap and two lagering, or maybe a better bottle lagering or cold crashing.

Sweet.

How many kegs can you fit in there? It looks like 6 plus the bottle might fit.

I am thinking about a freezer in the 7cf range. What I want is to have four on tap and two lagering, or maybe a better bottle lagering or cold crashing.

With the size collar I went with I can do 4 plus the 5lb CO2. If I'd gone with a taller collar then I could have fit 6 (2 on the hump).

OK, I just noticed the tank is on the hump.

(Bet my 3 gallon keg would sit on the hump with your sized collar)

Yep, without a doubt. Actually I could easily move my Co2 down to the floor if I needed to completely freeing up the hump for 2 3gallon kegs.

After 2 years and 9 months the keezer I built finally sh*t the bed :( Came out to get a draw and noticed it was kind of warm. Realized the thing was dead. Guess I'm going to track down a new freezer and start over...kind of sad, but really fun!!

Back