Keezer Died - Need help with finding a suitable replacement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMadKing

Western Yankee Southerner and Brew Science Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I came home from a work trip to warm beer and a compressor that very faintly hums when it is supposed to kick on. It might be a bad start capacitor, but I can't seem to find a replacement. This keezer is almost 20 years old and it was bound to happen sooner or later so I'm inclined to just replace the keezer.

Here's the rub and where I need help. As you can see from the photo (I did finish the tile), I have done extensive work to the lid and would prefer to only replace the freezer body rather than rebuild the whole thing. I built the thing in such a way that I can just remove the lid I built and pop a new freezer in there, as long as it will seal to my lid. So I want to try to find a replacement body.

It is a 7.2 cubic foot frigidaire, and is of course discontinued so I can't buy an exact replacement. The exterior dimensions are 41" long by 21.5" wide.

I seem to remember there was once a sticky thread on freezer makes/models and dimensions but I can't seem to find it. Any thoughts or ideas are much appreciated

E223CED5-2C35-46B4-AF33-CA7802D01F62.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back