Keezer Design Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gergyboy13

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am planing on using the Magic Chef 6.8cf (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-6-8-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-in-White-HMCF7W1/203445397#specifications) and am trying to design my planned keezer. I want put a shelf on the front and sides but still want to keep it under 28" wide to fit through small doorways. I am thinking about putting sheet of wood against the freezer on the front and side without the compressor vent and then had a 3"+ opening with a fan, at the front to blow the hot air out the back, on the side with the vent. Would this negatively effect the performance of the freezer and cause it to die sooner or is space only needed on the side with the vent?

I would worry about this freezer. The overall reviews are not good, with a lot of problems before the end of the second year. If you put a lot of effort and money into turning this into a keezer, you may be looking for a replacement in a couple of years.

Back