Keezer Cycling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitsuj80

Reaction score
I just finished my keezer and had a question for you guys about it's cycle time and duration. It seems to be running every 43-45 minutes for about 3 minutes? Is this a little high? I have not insulated the collar yet and don't have a fan in there either. The probe is attached to one of the kegs and covered with some insulation. What do you guys think I should do if anything. I have the temp set at 40. Thanks.

Your fine, once you insulate it will get better. I have my probe suspended in a 1 liter bottle filled with water to help regulate the cycling.

Thanks for the responses. I will try and get the collar insulated here soon. I don't open it up at all really. I am hoping that once I get a third keg in there that will help as well. So do you just put the probe directly in water or do you have it in some sort of thermowell?

Back