Keezer Collar JUST for picnic taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing a small angled collar, just to pull picnic taps through.

I can't commit to tap real tap hardware and don't even need a collar, but I don't really want to open the freezer every time to pull a pint.

I am thinking:

Leave lid attached
Angle sides so that lid is "open" 3 inches at front.

Rectangular front to collar, angled sides.

Slots in front of collar to allow picnic taps to slide in.

Leave taps pushed in up to the actual taps.

Bad idea?

I was thinking about doing a small angled collar, just to pull picnic taps through.

I can't commit to tap real tap hardware and don't even need a collar, but I don't really want to open the freezer every time to pull a pint.

I am thinking:

Leave lid attached
Angle sides so that lid is "open" 3 inches at front.

Rectangular front to collar, angled sides.

Slots in front of collar to allow picnic taps to slide in.

Leave taps pushed in up to the actual taps.

Bad idea?

Whoah Crazy idea. You must be AWESOME!!

I hope someone gives you an answer.

If you do that, the section in back will not be insulated and cold air will leak out. Lift the lid 3" and see. I guess you could wedge some foam in from the inside.

It's going to be very difficult to get the lid to seal well this way, and will require some skilled carpentry and additional weatherstripping in the back. It would be much easier to build a short collar that goes all the way around.

Latest posts

Back