keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, i need to either make a drip tray or find one cheap. anyone got a drip tray that is not straight. i need mine to go under all of my taps, its an arc

I think I have the same(or similar) freezer as you. Does yours have a cord connecting the base of the freezer to the lid?

I'm making a collar for mine(just finished that part) and I'm debating just clipping the cable and putting a wire nut on it because I cannot figure out how to disconnect the cord.

i didnt notice any cord. it just looks like the 2 hinges are the only thing holding the base to the lid

so i got the top attached, and started to play around with tile, deciding on a pattern.

it might go something like this

Looks awesome! My only question/downfall, is don't put it near a wall- how are you going to open it without smashing the tower?

As far as drip trays, the 'mushroom'/cut out ones aren't cheap. I got mine for about $120 at beveragefactory Surface Mount Beer Drip Trays with Cut Outs | BeverageFactory.com (I splurged)... Even ebay on ebay you can't find a good deal... If you have any experience in welding/tigging SS, it might be cheaper (even SS has gone up). Good luck!

the tower was on craigslist. i am beginning to rethink the tower and just sell it. i cant seem to get it clean the way i want to.

its not going against a wall. its actually going to be set up like a bar that you walk behind. so the taps will be facing the back, and most people who come over wont even know its a freezer

thanks for the info on the drip tray. i might see if i can get one made. i am in the welding supply business, but i am no good at welding. i should know a few people

If you could find a nice screen/insert, you could always build one in- cut the tile out so there is no tile in to form of your 'drip tray', and then after the tile is set, silicon to seal it, add metal trim and insert you screen/insert. Could even add a drain going down through the top of the keezer. Just a thought.

i was thinkin about a drain, but i wasnt sure how to create flow. there is about an inch between the bar top and the top of the freezer that i have supports under, but there would be room for me to cut something out.

You could try an angled bottom (Rectangle bent on both cross angles I X I drain in the bottom), but don't think it would help much. It would help, but I would just flush it with hot water on occasion.

i am just not sure about there to make the flow go. there is about an inch between the bar top and the keezer, but do i make it go right out the back? to where, a bucket? i might forget the drain idea and just make a little deeper drip tray and clean it out more often

thanks. they are just laid out for now(i am going to make some changes). i wanna get the plumbing and the drip tray taken care of before i tile it

i didnt get the drip tray situated yet, but i did make my cuts so the tiles fit around the tower.

then i cut and laid out the rest of the tile.

i think i might just put the drip tray on top of the tile. has anyone done this, or do you have pictures of it?

I have a surface mount, no drain hole..
CIMG0151.jpg

The mushroom/cut out ones are somewhat expensive... but I splurged.

*EDIT* old pic- check out handles
5400.jpg

$15! */EDIT*

Hey, if it does you might have yourself a good business- These go for over $100, unless you get a steal on ebay :)

Good luck! Post your results!

so today i glued the tile, put faucets on the tower, and grabbed a bunch of random tap handles, to fill it out and get the idea of the look. what do you think

i also made a custom tap handle out of a small oxygen cylinder. i think its kinda cool.

click on the pictures for a bigger view

now i just need to get my pipeline up to par. i cant keep more than 2 on tap now at the rate we(my mooching friends and I) drink.

Nice knob! (eerrrr I mean...) Looking great jonp9576, and love the custom air cylinder :)

so the bar top is grouted.

now its moved into the house so it doesnt freeze while it sets.

i got all brass faucets now.

now for trim, painting the freezer again and finding a place to mount the temp control.

click them for a bigger pic

so i finally got a better picture hosting site to make bigger pictures in threads.

also i got some trim on the bar, and some new handles.

i was thinking about sanding them all down and painting them black or just going with all different colors. what do you think?

001.jpg

One of those Ralph Lauren faux-finish paintjobs they have at Home Depot would probably get you close to matching your tiles... I know they sell stone, granite, marble, etc. Either the gray or the orange would look pretty good, I think.

Or match the grout color for a more subtle look.

thats a great idea. i was going to go with the gloss black to match the base of the tower, but matching the tiles is a better idea.

5400.jpg

(Found here for $15) Is what I have. Yours look to be about the same form etc, so give you an idea what they look like black.

I don't think I would go with matching the tile actually- It would take away from that nice tile job you did! The subtle grout idea might work, but personally I would go for a neutral color so all the attention is on the tile and beautiful tower :)

owwww, i like the gloss black. i have all of my lines and keg fittings color coded. i might paint all the tap handles black, and then paind the top metal piece each color so my color codes actually serve a purpose. or i gound just write down what is coming out of each faucet.

so the handles are painted, the taps are shined, and its hooked up to a couple kegs.

these are the first two pints ever out of this keezer
middecember002.jpg

on the left is my holiday ale names *NoAle*
the right is the AHS gold seal cerveza.

I'm so jealous- Black handles look nice! Well, the whole thing does!

Idea for keeping track of your beer- dry erase marker on the mirrors back there, picture frames under them with print out/label type insert, or better yet- pub style chalkboard. I've been thinking about making one myself- Smooth piece of wood sprayed in chalkboard paint, and custom frame. Still debating pic at the top. Right now I use a piece of tempered glass and dry erase markers (ghetto, but it works).

love the ideas. i was thinking of something along the lines of the chalk board. i might make small labels that attach to the handles with a button or something

They make these flat acrylic picture frames with magnets on the back in all different sizes. I have a bunch of the wallet picture size and I just print out my label and slip it in.

thanks for the ideas everyone. i am still not sure what i'm din. i'll work on something.

bobby, would i get those frames from a craft store?

Back