Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptarmigancraft

Reaction score
After sticking strong to the bottling program for the sake of my friends and the whole 'sharing' process.

I finally caved and can't bring myself
to bottle one more beer. I live in Yellowknife, Canada (for the Americans, further north than Anchorage, so supplies can be an issue) and decided to do a keezer build.

Let me know what you think.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294123.888610.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294155.579132.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294178.533699.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294208.217145.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294233.957517.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294268.874426.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294298.989677.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294349.140392.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294386.803919.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294414.530371.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1407294443.915795.jpg

Poured my first, and 5th, pint from it tonight. goodbye bottles. One question though. I put silicon in every possible crack, insulation, etc…but still getting a good amount of condensation in the freezer. Could there be another reason aside from an air leak?

Poured my first, and 5th, pint from it tonight. goodbye bottles. One question though. I put silicon in every possible crack, insulation, etc…but still getting a good amount of condensation in the freezer. Could there be another reason aside from an air leak?

Nice build!

I use damp rid, but the biggest thing was to stop opening the lid twice a day. Once you're sure everything is sealed up tight, let everything settle.

Ya there is something regarding the pride of a build that causes one to be opening the lid constantly to ensure everything is the same as it was 10min ago. Will do my best to leave it alone. Damp rid is available at a home building store or special order?

Ya there is something regarding the pride of a build that causes one to be opening the lid constantly to ensure everything is the same as it was 10min ago. Will do my best to leave it alone. Damp rid is available at a home building store or special order?

I'm not sure about what you have up in Yellowknife... I got a big refill type bag at Menards and they have the individual cans at walmart.

Looks really good. Are you worried about the freezer overheating with it entirely covered like that? I would like to finish mine off in something close to what you have done.
I guess in Yellowknife your using the freezer to keep the beer warm right??

I was worried ya. Insulation is holding pretty well though I think. The temp is set for 38F and the compressor turns on for roughly 4min every hour. I do not feel any warmth on the walls or back. Time will tell I guess.

Since it lives in our living room this was the only way I got the go ahead from the wife.

Looks great, thanks for sharing!

If you ever get in trouble with the ventilation, you could always cut some notches in the side where the freezer has vents -- probably wouldn't even be able to notice them with that dark finish, especially if you angled the cuts so the opening was facing downward and was thus not viewable from above.

Latest posts

Back