Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dweb911

Reaction score
I did it. 2 days, some sweat, and some fun and i have a 2 tap keezer made from a holiday 5.0 cu ft freezer. I'm on my iPad so i cannot upload photos yet but it is painted with chalkboard paint. The 2x6 collar is stained mahogany and the stainless steel tsps shine like diamonds. It's currently running and holds the temp really well!!! Thanks to all that build before me for the ideas and coaching! Now on to brew some beer to fill it up!

+1 to uploading pics. I'm buying a 5 ft GE from Sams today, and i wanna see what i can copy from you ;)

photo.jpg
This is the build used a 5cu ft. freezer. painted it with primer and chalkboard paint. Used 2x6 studs to make the collar. Secured it with liquid nails to the freezer. THen took some foam board and liquid nailed that around the inside of the collar. filled any gaps with caulking and duct tape. Reattached the lid to the collar. I had stained the collar with a mahogany stain. Drilled a hole in the back for the temp controller probe with a 3/8 inch cutter bit. For the tap heads i used a 7/8ths cutter bit, snug but perfect fit. It fits 2 kegs and my co2 tank.

I love it. have not used the taps yet as i am waiting for the drip tray and a good brew to fill my keg. i love the look though!

2990-inside.jpg
This is the inside. Also i built the base with 2x6 and screwed some casters in the bottom. This works really well.

Back