Keezer build question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtlasMaxx

Reaction score
How important is have a fan in a keezer? I have some reservations about wiring one in. The other question is an effective way to keep inside dry... wireless dehumidifier or desicant or something else? Any information is helpful.

A fan is not necessary, but it does help to make sure that there are no temperature gradients in the chest freezer. It is possible that it will be a bit warmer towards the top of the freezer, but its pretty negligible.

I prefer to use a desiccant in them, I have found that a product called DampRid works well and is relatively cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a fan running in my keezer and my fermentation chamber. It may help keep condensation down, but I use it to keep the temperature consistent throughout. For humidity, I like this stuff, Dri-Splendor Silica Gel. Put it in a sock or pantyhose, and you can refresh it by drying it out in the oven.

Latest posts

Back