Keezer build-parts list confusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kXb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen various keezer builds and have designed my conversion but all of a sudden, I have myself so damned confused now that I'm in the part buying process. The only purchases made so far are ball lock kegs and Perlick 630SS faucets. I of course want to be thrifty but am ok paying for an upgrade if it makes sense. Things I know I want:

Quick disconnects for everything possible
Stainless 4-1/8" shanks

I started to buy shanks but the ones with nipples are barbed. I don't want anything barbed if possible. Is that the only option?

I am leaning towards a dual pressure regulator so I can have different pressured lines going to beer kegs and a different pressure one going to a cider keg. The air distributor doesn't regulate pressure, correct? It merely turns lines on or off?

Sorry if this is disjointed! Thanks for the help.

I'm at about the same point. I want to have MFL connections on the beer lines at the keg and shank ends. I think I'd be ok with barbs for the gas lines. All the shank connections I have seen so far are barbs. Where can I find MFL hardware for the shank ends? Also, I want all SS or plastic for anything that touches beer. Again, not so fussy about the gas lines.

AIH had a Black Friday special going on the Taprite dual body regulator setup (~$90), but don't know if it's still going on.

Brew on :mug:

I haven't yet built my keezer but I now have all of my kegs and gas setup ready to go. I did some looking around and found that the kits at Keg Connection are a very economical way to go. You can make some changes and up grades and there are several options on the number of taps etc.
Might be worth a look for you.

I started to buy shanks but the ones with nipples are barbed. I don't want anything barbed if possible. Is that the only option?

I am leaning towards a dual pressure regulator so I can have different pressured lines going to beer kegs and a different pressure one going to a cider keg. The air distributor doesn't regulate pressure, correct? It merely turns lines on or off?

You can use John Guest style fittings for the shanks instead of barbs, but they only work with more rigid beer line, like the accuflex bev-seal ultra or polyethylene, not with standard vinyl line.

Yes, distributors simply turn gas on or off, and in many cases they also have check valves to prevent flow from the kegs towards the regulator.

I finally wore myself out trying to shop various sites and just went with the kegconnection.com kit customized to the best of my ability. I may need to buy a few extra items but might be pleasantly surprised. Thanks all...now just need my c02 tank, tap handles and drip tray!

Back