Keeping people out of a party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big10Seaner

Reaction score
A friend and I are throwing our annual party this weekend, for family and friends. Said friend's brother just told me about someone he invited. As a general rule, we say no *ucks allowed. Everyone knows who they are-people who are general a-holes, like to start fights, and run their mouth everywhere they go. I told him to uninvite him, but have a feeling he'll still show up. A few years ago, this guy showed up with a car full of dirty hippies (actual smelly, inconsiderate ones) and it almost ruined the party. His car died there, where he proceeded to change parts, getting antifreeze and miscellaneous fluids right in the yard. What's the proper way to handle this other thank breaking his nose if he shows up? It takes a lot to set me off, but this guy will easily do it.

Tell your friends brother he is not invited if he brings his friend and that if his friend comes that he will not be able to come in. In not so friendly a way

I have started to invite people without friends. If they ask to bring a friend then I ask who, how long have they known them and to bring beer to share. If they show up empty handed then they walk back out to to store. If they are ******** then they are out of the house.

They won't cross the soap-line but they'll still hang around.

If the guy shows up, tell him he's not welcome and remind him that he's been told.

I used to regularly do "Operation Headcount Reduction" at parties with a couple friends. Most people will ***** and moan but leave without an incident (for the few who don't, that's what the "couple friends" are for).

When he shows up grab your buddy and the two of you tell the guy he's not welcome. Explain that the last time he was at your party he was an AH. "Sorry, but you can't stay."

I'd try to make it known to him beforehand that he's not welcome. If he does show up I'd just go to him and ask him to leave. If he was an ******* before, he's probably going to be an ******* again.

I'm a big guy though, so I don't have any issues asking people to leave. :D

I'd try to make it known to him beforehand that he's not welcome. If he does show up I'd just go to him and ask him to leave. If he was an ******* before, he's probably going to be an ******* again.

I'm a big guy though, so I don't have any issues asking people to leave. :D

That's what I'm aiming for, I'd rather not even see him. If he shows up I know I'll have 100+ friends to back me up. I don't think he'll have any, especially if I start spreading that soap. :D

Tell your friends brother he is not invited if he brings his friend and that if his friend comes that he will not be able to come in. In not so friendly a way

Bingo. If that doesn't work, then round up your boys, grab 'em by their unwashed manes and drag 'em out.

Put bars of soap all across the sidewalk. Hippies fear soap.

And meat products. I'd turn that party into a pig roast. Save the blood from the butcher, threaten to douse the hippies with it.

11_19_07_vic.jpg

I personally hate confrontation and would tell my friend, that I invited him and not his friends. Although when the time came I don't know what I'd do. Possibly tell your friend, that if his friend shows up, neither are welcome. His friend because he's an A-Hole and him because he can't respect you enough to not bring A-Holes an ruin your party.

From what I have gathered, all is well and this dumb@ss shouldn't be showing up. :rockin: Thanks for all of the ideas and whatnot to lighten the mood, I was a little PO'd when I initially posted.

Rightfully so. Of course you could get him back. Next time he has a party, inform the local collegiate sports team (lacrosse, rugby, hockey, your pick) and provide them the alcohol and address. :D

Not only what happened, but anytime that I have an ******* show up once, they never come back because I tell them they are ******** and shouldn't come back. I also don't like confrontation and am a little guy, but I figure that if I am annoying to him and make fun of his mullet/dreds, then he won't bother me again. If he does, I know a bunch of rugby friends that love booze and playing a couple of rounds on the lawn with hippies.

The party was a blast, and no dumbasses showed up! I had 8 kegs of homebrew get drank, which was a little sad, but all in all a great time.

Nice! I remember when we were in high school and had parties- they were at "the guesthouse" which was a dump of a place on our property.

As we saw headlights come up the long drive way, a few friends and I took great pleasure in investigating with our "regulatin' stick". It was really a Fisher Price pool cue (the guesthouse was a classy place, I tells ya)

We would have some ******** show up and things would get hairy from time to time when we would eject them from the party, but all in all we usually had a good time, followed by a horrible hangover in the morning and some more drinking. :tank:

There was only 1 case of alcohol poisoning ever. Yeeeaaaah. That night was not so fun. :(

Back