KADDER FADDER ASSSNNN DING DONG DANG NOODLE!!!!! Never brew drunk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jolly McStanson

Reaction score
Every thing started out fine. Had all my data from Beer Smith ready to go to make my big Oat meal stout. Mashed in and waited an hour. Began batch sparging like normal. But it was just trickling out. No problem, brew night is just going to take a little longer.

Started at 6pm sober finished up at 3am drunk. I didnt have enough supper.

To make a long story short,

_ put my air stone in the boiling wort to sterilize it and It disintegrated... drunken move

_ Had a spill over 2 separate times. Lost a total of 3 gallons of beer on to the patio. Me not paying attention.....drunken move

_ topped up 3 gallons of water with metallic tasting tap water. I never use my tap water.

_ Couldn't air ate.....aeration stone is at the bottom of the brew kettle as sand.

Any one want a glass of metallic tasting, stressed yeast, Stout Light?

You should have immediately dispatched a "my sparge is stuck" post.

That is one of the reasons I start early in the A of M.

Ya can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

My last brew day started at 9AM, put it to bed at 7PM. I'm not going to say it was a stuck...you know what.. but it was an extremely slow runoff.

I start around 8-10 am depending on wen I wake up. Then it's coffee at least until the boil starts. My reasoning is once you're to the boil there not much left to mess up, but then you go and post this! haha

Back