Just want to say Thanks to all, and.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomroeder

Reaction score
Well everyone, I have just successfully brewed my second all grain batch on my home made brew stand, and I believe that all was a huge success. My first all grain batch was a little shaky, as I was learning my brew stand, having no idea how well it would perform, and I was also doing my first ever all grain batch, talk about stress!!

That first brew turned out just fine anyway, a smoked porter that was absolutely wonderful. I have learned that in brewing beer, small “attention to detail” mistakes are not totally horrible. Brewing beer is very forgiving, and unless there is infection, or a huge screw up, it is all drinkable and great!
I learned about how useful a tool a refractometer is, and I used it for the first time, and wow! That is so much better for brew day than a hydrometer!!

I brewed an American Pale Ale today, S.G. of 1.052, and everything went very smooth. Now that I have “gotten my feet wet” thoroughly in all grain brewing, I will NEVER brew extract ever again!!! All grain is so superior, a little more work, but well worth it!!! I decided to go to all grain because there was just no challenge what so ever with extract. To me it was like making kool aid, and I saw that I would become bored with it fast!

I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this website, and Bobby_M especially, with his very informative Youtube videos and quick and intelligent responses to questions. Chris Knight, thanks for the videos. Yuri Rage and everyone else, thank you for being there.

I am a Ham radio operator, and in the world of Ham radio, there is a term used for someone who mentors beginners and helps out people who are in need of advice and knowledge of the hobby in general. They are referred to as “Elmers”. No one knows where that term came from exactly, but its definition is well known in the world of amateur radio.

I am suggesting we come up with our own term, unless there is already one that I am unaware of.

Any ideas?

Back