Just uninstalled the HBT app

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
I suppose that I must be a technologically challenged IT guy, but I just do not "get" this app.

To start with, it annoyingly pings my phone every time a thread I have posted in gets updated, and I don't see a way to turn this "feature" off. The app sort of makes reading the forums easier... but it's also quite easy to get lost, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post.

I thought apps were supposed to be user friendly? I love this website, but the app just stinks IMO. Much better to just surf the site on my phone's browser.

You need to go to your settings and change, then notifications, scroll down to the HBT app then adjust the notifications for the app. When the update first came out that allowed push notifications I was just as annoyed until I figured it out. I travel a lot so I like having the app available to kill some down time.

I haven't had any of the problems you mention, but like Rob said, I'm sure it's in the settings. Also, to post you just hit the option button on your phone and hit "post reply." It's a nice quick interface if I'm waiting somewhere and I have my phone with me, but I certainly prefer posting on a computer.

I like everything about the app except the search function. I type in my search and it NEVER brings up anything remotely close to what I'm looking for. Am I doing something wrong with it?

iOS or android? android has an option to turn notifications off. Not sure (but I'm sure it has it) about iOS.

Forum runner does suck though.

It's better than using the native website, but it sure is buggy and frustrating at times.

That issue is only minor. I still use it, but begrudgingly. The search function is worthless on the android app, and thats a biggie on this forum.

I use the Droid app for the majority of my daily hbt browsing and replying. If I need to search for something specific, I use the computer at home.

It's nice to be able to browse when I'm not at home, I use my phone off and on all day.

I have it on my iPad and it won't let me login...it says I have the wrong username or password every time.

I have it as a favorite on Safari, so I just uninstalled it too...

I also just use my phone to browse the regular website. I don't see the point of the app, although I have it. I think I've used it three times and I find the website to just work better in every way.

Also, this is my 1,234th post. I'll have a beer in honor.

Ironically, last night my app started pushing notifications on my phone. The app just updated yesterday, so apparently in this build that option defaulted to on. I turned it back off and no problems since.

Latest posts

Back