just tried my first beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishoe

Reaction score
munch larger from a kit, 3 days after bottling got a big surprise on just how nice it was even know it was still flat it was tasting bloody good, can't wait for another week :D:ban::tank:

munch larger from a kit, 3 days after bottling got a big surprise on just how nice it was even know it was still flat it was tasting bloody good, can't wait for another week :D:ban::tank:

congrats! Great feeling isn't it :D :mug: One of the best feelings in the world to drink beer you made!

Congrats, I only tried my first a couple of weeks ago and I was very exciteable! Its very tempting to crack them open very early but luckily I'm particularly lazy and the beer is kept upstairs, its a sort of artificially created patience.

A "munch larger " not sure I've ever made one of those LOL

It will taste MUCH better after a couple months, Congrats and every batch you make you will learn a little more and the beer will just keep getting better, it's weird.

Like you I was pumped with my first batches - tasted great. 10 batches later I said NOW my beer is GREAT and 20 batches after that NOW my beer is MUCH better.

Have fun and don't become an alcoholic (like must of us LOL)

Congrats. It is very addictive though. I find myself looking for what I am going to brew next right after a brew day. Enjoy

Congrats and welcome to a hobby that will suck up all of your time, money, and patience. Don't worry - you will love every minute of it

I just finished my last beer from my first batch last night. Ive got 15 gallons in primary/secondary or lagering. Still have 5 bottles of my second batch then I'm out until I get the rest bottles and it conditions.

It has been a long time since I've had so much fun learning a new skill.

Nick

congrats, just finished my 2nd (l/ coast hefe ), my son and I are newbies, like they say , "VERY ADDICTING" ,. I have one bottle left from my 1st batch, and I have to put it in my gun safe ( guns& beer yehaaaa!), because my son already drank the rest, maybe a bigger safe? Enjoy.

Congrats Fishoe! I'm picking you got the Brewcraft set-up, and the lager was the one that came with that? Same as me. I was stunned at how good it was (because really I didn't have particularly great expectations). It just got better over time too. Believe me, if you leave that badboy for about 2 months it'll be getting real good..... I only managed to keep a couple that long.... I guess patience is one of those things that takes time to develop!

Back