Just tasted my primary!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BL41R

Reaction score
We followed the extract version of the Zombie Dust clone recipe, except we switched the bittering hops from citra to warrior. We tasted the primary.. and wow, it smells and tastes very similar to Zombie dust!!

The aftertaste is kind of similar to body odor... We weren't sure if this is from the yeast, or fermentation. The beer has only been in the primary for 7 days.

There were no off flavors I could detect, or any funky smells. Just pure deliciousness.
We were just wondering what the 'body odor' aftertaste could be from?

Thanks in advance! :rockin:

Body odor aftertaste could be from suspended yeast. Give it some time to finish and then after bottle conditioning, keep in the fridge for a couple days to weeks to let the yeast settle out and compact and then no more yeast taste. RDWHAHB

Agree with the above. There have been so many times I keg a beer and take an uncarbed sample and feel like I screwed this one up, only to give it a week in the keg and under carb and find out I have yet another delicious brew on my hands.

It's still young... Needs more time. The flavor will improve with time. It'll be fine. Unless it's anything like my body odor... Then you may be in trouble.

Back