Quantcast

Just started buying in bulk.

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

K-Bizzle

Reaction score
Just ordered about 3 lbs of hop pellts from hops direct. (amarillo, cascade, and centennial)

Also ordered about 15 lbs of Extra Light DME, a bunch of that Brewvint booster stuff, 1/2 lb chinook pellets, and 1/4lb cascade leaves.

Gonna pick up a 50lb bag of Light DME locally tomorrow.

I'm sitting on a bunch of Whirlfloc, Irish Moss, Gelatin, Bottles, Caps, and sanitizer.

So other than stopping at the LHBS for yeast, specialty grains, and odds and ends I should be stocked up for quite awhile. I freaking love payday.:ban::mug:

conpewter

Reaction score
I do the hops in bulk and the base grain in bulk (55lb sacks for ~$40). I also culture yeast and use dry yeast in a lot of brews that don't require specific yeast. Those 1lb packages of leaf hops are huge though!

OP
K-Bizzle

K-Bizzle

Reaction score
I do the hops in bulk and the base grain in bulk (55lb sacks for ~$40). I also culture yeast and use dry yeast in a lot of brews that don't require specific yeast. Those 1lb packages of leaf hops are huge though!
You should show me the ropes of on AG whenever I run out of all this extract.:D

OLB

Reaction score
Where in the Chicago area are you buying bulk grain for $40? I need to start doing the same.

Pappers_

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The Country Malt Group

Click on the link to Mid Country Malt and then click on their pricing book/catalogue - its a pdf. If you call their main number, you can order anything in their catalogue and pick it up at their warehouse in New Holland, a Chicago suburb.

They have a *tremendous* selection and great prices.

Jim

conpewter

Reaction score
Where in the Chicago area are you buying bulk grain for $40? I need to start doing the same.
I haven't contact Mid Country Malt since it is a long drive for me. I have been getting base grains from Brew and Grow in Roselle. I believe they buy from Mid Country Malt actually. I've been getting the Canadian 2-row. Usually about $35-38 if I remember correctly.

OP
K-Bizzle

K-Bizzle

Reaction score
The Country Malt Group

Click on the link to Mid Country Malt and then click on their pricing book/catalogue - its a pdf. If you call their main number, you can order anything in their catalogue and pick it up at their warehouse in New Holland, a Chicago suburb.

They have a *tremendous* selection and great prices.

Jim
Its South Holland actually, New Holland is waaaaaayy out there.:mug: