Just started brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwaveslider

Reaction score
I just started brewing 3 weeks ago. I now have a cream stout in the secondary and a hefeweizen in the primary. I'm still doubting my abilities at the moment but I will let everyone know how the first two batches turn out.

Buy a couple more fermentors so you can keep brewing without having to rack to a secondary vessel...unless of course you just like using a secondary.

Welcome to the board and be patient. Once you crack open that first one, all the wait and worry will be worth it.

Cheers!

Thanks guys. I have two carboys right now. I was thinking about getting another primary fermenter and few more carboys. I do like being able to look at what's going on with the beer in the glass but it does make me impatient.

Awesome, I just sampled my first batch tonight from the bottle and I was impressed. I did much better than I thought, you will too! I did an American pale ale and getting ready to do a cream ale next.

Buckets are much cheaper and just as effective. Of course, like you said, not as much of a show

Congratulations to both of you on your first batches. American Pale Ale and Sweet Stout are two of my favorite styles, too!

Keep brewing, I have only one in fermentation right now. It is ready for bottling and I am getting worried. I only have 10 different beers to choose from at the moment.

I am doing a Pale Ale version 3 tomorrow though.

Variety is the spice of life.

My next batch will be an IPA. I'm looking to do some lagers. I need to look at the coffin freezers and temperature controllers. I actually live in Japan and I can't get Yuengling over here, so I want to make some clones.

Back