Just started all grain brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyjmc

Reaction score
What is the is the most important thing to influence the final product??

Practice hitting your temps. Every system will be sightly different and you have to do a few batches to hit your mash temps. Mine, for example, I have to take my strike temperature 3 degrees higher than my mash calculator recommends to hit me sac rest temp. Just focus on the process for the first few batches.

Reading everything you can on this forum about all grain, fermenting, bottling, etc. for a couple of months before you start.

I agree with all above that say temp control is key. That includes the mashing temp, chilling the wort quickly and maintaining the proper fermentation temp. Controlling those two things made a significantly better beer in my humble opinion. I also agree with Stan that the more you read the better off you will be. Good luck, I hope you like the end product.

I bought the 10 gallon Rubbermaid cooler system from northern brewer about a month ago and have been reading the valuable info on here for a couple of months. I have brewed about a dozen extract kits since I started a year ago and I have one more kit to use before I make my first all grain. I bought a stir plate and used it a couple of times now and a kegerator setup which I has two cornys in it (one is almost empty and I emptied the other one). I just bought a temp controller for a freezer that I'm gonna buy this week. My question is.....what else do I need to get to make consistently good beer?

Thanks for all the information. I always get great feedback from everyone here and have improved my process greatly thank you all!

Back