Just put my first batch in the primary!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zurcj20

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Jason and I just brewed my first batch. I am super excited. The wait is going to kill me. I've been reading alot on here and there is alot of good info. I am making brewer's best amber ale. :mug:

Brewer's Best kits are a good place to start. Just try to keep it in a cool place in your home, so the beer tastes better than if in a hot place. That's not always possible, but under 70 degrees is ideal.

Welcome to brewing beer! It's a great hobby, isn't it?

Congrats & welcome to the club, the Homebrewers Club.

Patience will pay off, so buy some craft brew while you wait or start another batch.

Just checked out the recipe (assuming you did the American Amber kit). That will be delicious. I love Willamette!

What yeast did you go with?

Hi Jason. Welcome! ..and to the hobby too. Im new here too, but have brewing for a few years now.

:mug:

Everybody sing Tom Petty:

"The waiting is the hardest part"

Congrats and welcome. Now go buy some of your favorite brew so you have something to drink that allows you to let this sit and age for a bit.

Also time to start thinking of the next one. Keeping the pipeline full is the best cure to letting your beer age for a bit.

Thanks for all your well wishes. It is the american ale kit that I am using. The yeast that came with the kit says nottingham on the packet. Not sureif that is a brand or a style. I checked the air lock this morning and there is activity. I put one of those sticky thermometers on the bucket and it reads 67*. So far all is well!!

Thanks for all your well wishes. It is the american ale kit that I am using. The yeast that came with the kit says nottingham on the packet. Not sureif that is a brand or a style. I checked the air lock this morning and there is activity. I put one of those sticky thermometers on the bucket and it reads 67*. So far all is well!!

My first batch its going on its second week as of today. I kept reading about the temperature jacking up during the most active phase of fermentation and my really did. It went from a cool 68 degrees to 74 in just a morning until I was able to put the plastic bucket into a cool water bath which cooled it back down to 68 degrees. keep an eye on that.

I started with Brewers best, and used them for about 5 years, all with good results! I did however use White Labs yeast, at my cousin's recomendation (the only other homebrewer i knew at the time)

Congrats. I just bottled my 1st brew last night. Hexnut Brown from Midwest. I will be starting my 2nd brew on Tuesday. Hank's Hefe from Midwest!

Back