Just put a thermometer on my primary and....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That or just add the word "belgian" to the start of whatever your brewing. "Belgian pale ale", "Belgian stout", "Belgian kolsh". It works with anything! ;)

Yes, cool that puppy down.

how long has it been since you pitched your yeast? It is possible that the "damage" is already done. Temp control is most important during the early stages of fermentation. Once the bulk of fermentation is done, increased temps have little overall affect - at least modestly increased temps (not sure about 80F)

I love my SWBMO. Reminded me of the plastic tubs we had outside in storage.

Problem now is the thermometer is submerged in ice water, it'll be more difficult to take a temp reading without popping the top.

If I get some fruity esters in this batch, it won't kill me.

Thanks cheshire.

Whaddya think about getting one of those remote thermometers. mout it on the outside, sterilize and put the remote in the batch.

They're cheap. Not too accurate though. I can never tell if the 64 is more colored or the 68... They're decent to have a ballpark idea, but sticking a good instant read digital thermometer in the beer is the way to go if you really want to know what the temp is.

Pick up a new stick on and stick it in higher up and you'll be good.

i use a floating glass aquarium thermo in the water, it'll give you a very accurate reading so long as its not sticking to a fresh ice water bottle.

Latest posts

Back