Just Planted 4 Cascades

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
I'm very late in the season but I thought planting now would at least give the plant a good root base.

I waited too long for someone to give me rhizomes, so I ordered them off of a mid-west brewers site, producing less than spectacular product. I took the 4 rhizomes to my sister-in-law (hippy lady with plants everywhere type of person). She had a spot to plant them and to have them grow up tall ropes into a giant pole in their yard.

She planted them in aged manure/compost and put them into pots for them to start budding and root, then she was going to plant them facing south-easternly. She lives off of the first bench so she has lots of drainage and perfect soil.

We have had a LOT of rain in the treasure valley (south western idaho) recently, and we are staying well above freezing. We also have blistering summers, where 100+ is not uncommon.

Whats the chances of budding this year? Anyone other growers in the Boise area let me know if there are any tricks or secrets to our region.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back