Just ordered my system!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derogg

Reaction score
JUst put an order in to keg connection for one of their basic setups! SWMBO's b-day gift to me:rockin: I searched around and they seemed to be fair on the price , and everyone here seem happy with them. My LHBS was out of kegs and was not going to be any cheaper. Looking forward to pulling my own first homebrew! - Dirk

I ordered my setup from the keg connection too and am very satisfied with their service and prices.

My LHBS will fill the CO2. I would have bought the whole set up from him, but he was out of kegs. The prices would have been similar. I just didn't want to wait or try to peice together a setup. I try to throw most of my money at the local guys, but sometime it makes more sense to buy online. - Dirk

My LHBS charges outragious prices for CO2. I like to support the local yokels to but not if I feel like I'm being taken for a ride.

You guys can get your co2 done at Paintball stores, and Hydroponic shops also..

macs said:
I ordered my setup from the keg connection too and am very satisfied with their service and prices.

+1... Just purchased from KC also and the customer service is superb! (Not to mention the prices are pretty competitive/unbeatable also...)

I love my kegs!

Unfortunately, at this point I think my CO2 tanks are both running pretty low and both of my kegs are empty.

It shouldn't be too long though, till I fix both of those issues.

Just out of curiosity, how many kegs did you all get? I was going to order 4, but then I was like well I guess I really only need 2 with a 2 tap setup.

Also check out fire prevention places for CO2 tank fills. That's where I get mine filled.

I got the basic set up. 1- 5G keg , 5# CO cylinder, regulator and the picnic tap. I think I read that they where throwing in a set of new o-ring with all orders. I paid a bit over $180 including shipping to lovely southern California.

I don't know what my LHBS charges for a fill, but I know he don't swap the tanks. The guy seems pretty reasonable with his prices on other stuff so I don't think he will hose me on some gas.

z987k said:
Just out of curiosity, how many kegs did you all get? I was going to order 4, but then I was like well I guess I really only need 2 with a 2 tap setup.

I ordered 2 to start; I plan to get one for a backup so something is always ready to go in when one kicks... Eventually I'll probably end up with 2 backups... etc. Just like carboys, buckets, coolers, etc.

Latest posts

Back