Just kegged my first beer last nite!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pompeiisneaks

Why that human mask?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to drinking it. I did sample a tiny bit after a vigorous shaking at 25 psi, and it seemed pretty damn tasty. I'll try it later tonite too, test the psi level. I'll tell you, though, that was really freaking easy compared to bottling! I'm glad I listened to the advice! :)

I never bottled. When I started home brewing I went right to kegs. It was all about time, storage of cases of bottles, and getting enough bottles. Time being the big part.

I would keg but I don't have enough money for a fridge and setup.

That's a chunk.

I'll admit though - it looks very appealing.

0202 I got a full size fridge for $40 on Craigslist.

Pompei, I think you should invite the Utah group over to help you fine tune your set-up and 'test' the pressure ; )

I'm kegging as well, and it is great. I still bottle a 6 or 12 pack to take to parties, etc.

Fridge is only part of the setup, but I don't have the
space if someone were to give it to me for free.

Apartments....

All in good time.

Kegged the first batch of beer I have ever made last week. It was pretty cool, and 2 days later........the payoff. :ban:
DSC04659.jpg

Forget the fridge, store your kegs at room temperature and pump them through a flash-chiller! Works for me.

I started kegging after years of bottle shenanigans. And, I can not believe the difference! Tastes sooo much better out the keg. Key is timing and rotation. Got to let those bad boyz age in the keg. I like the "set and forget" method of 2 full weeks at 12PSI. Then, yum-yum-yum. :ban:

Kegging was something I never thought I would do.
Two or three brew days a year for gifts or holidays, bottle, age and ship.

that was homebrewing for me.

now.
it all has changed.

all-grain. kegging. competition.
it all adds up to damn tasty beer and a hell of a lot a fun. :rockin:

I was one who said I didn't mind bottling ( and I still don't think it's terrible), but I just bought 5 kegs and am piecing together a kegerator. It should be fun. Can't wait to get it all together.

I just kegged my first last week and it's all good to go now (shook it like crazy to carb it). It had already done several months of aging in the secondary while I was waiting for the kegs to show.

I never once complained about bottling, but kegging is just easy. It's so nice to be able to pull a pint and not have to deal with cleaning anything up.

I kegged my first batch on monday! I am excited, I found 4 kegs on ebay for 20 a piece. Now I just need to fill the other three. I started to put the keezer together a couple of weeks ago, and finally got the thermostat in the mail. I dont know if I am going to force carb, prolly just do 12PSI for a couple weeks. I also primed with Wheat DME as the recipe said. I guess I will see how it comes out. Congrats!

Back