just got my rhizomes but can't plant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefj40

Reaction score
so i just got 6 rhizomes and i will not be able to plant them in the next couple of day's. what should i do with them? do i have to get them in the ground now?

it's 70F here today (northern maryland) but i got 2 sick kid's with fever's so i will not be able to have any freetime for a couple of day's.

thanks

dave

Put them in baggies with some moist paper towels, then throw them in the fridge.

I plan on putting mine straight from the mailbox to the fridge until we get some favorable weather here. I bought one in June last year from the LHBS that had them in a large bag in the cooler all spring. As long as they're moist and sealed they'll be fine.

DON'T seal the bag, if they get moldy you will have no good rhizomes on your hands

DON'T seal the bag, if they get moldy you will have no good rhizomes on your hands

This is correct, sorry for the mis-type. The ones at the store were in a large bag that was tied at the top. Sometimes what I remember doesn't translate into what I type:drunk:

Do I have to completely avoid frost after planting?

My ground will thaw this week. Enough to chip in a place a rhizome.

If you have to chip in a place in the ground, you haven't had a thaw yet. they'll keep fine in the fridge.

Back