Just got a job interview at Harpoon Brewery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto on the thankyou letters ...

send to all who interviewed you, but esp with your references... it sounds like the planets are lining up now ...

it sounds like the planets are lining up now...

The planets lined up alright! Yesterday, May 28th, I was officially offered the job and after reading a mountain on company policy (they made me read the handbook before i could even consider accepting), I delightfully accepted the job:ban::rockin:

I am on my way into Boston right now for my first day! They wanted me to start right away so I obviously said heck yeah

Well I'm off to be a working stiff:drunk: so Ill post later tonight or tomorrow (free tix to the NE Revolution behind the Revs bench tonight!) about the experience!

Thanks alot everyone, you have all been really supporting in this so I owe this forum a lot in getting me this job!!!

Waydago!!!!!

sarcasticclap5ttug8.gif

Excellent news indeed. I'm sure you'll do a great job. Sounds like a heck of a lot of fun, too.

Chad

Very cool. I have liked what I have tried from Harpoon. They have a more traditional approach to many of their brews it seems.

this place is so awesome! everyone here has a great attitude and my job is pretty kick ass. i basically run all of the retail ops and run beer tastings.

i also have full access to the brewery and have been walking around the past two days in a stupor with all of the super cool brewstuff around me! theres 4 8000gal bright beer tanks and another 10 4000gal conical fermenters with super huge mash/lauter tuns and whirlpool tanks and all those gizmos that make homebrewers like us pop huge wood haha

im pretty much in heaven

ps. i found the hops, theyre in our refrigerated section (obviously) and are in packages you would typically find peat moss or potting soil...one bag of this stuff could last me 2 years!!!! (if i could refrigerate all of it)

You know what the best part is, you can buy all of your grain and hops from them at wholesale prices. No more LHBS prices. I bet you could even get yeast from them as well. Very cool, I'm starting to feel a bit jealous.

Congrats on your new job. Wish I could find a brewing job that paid well enough to take care of my family someday.

Congrats! From someone who was previously out of work and looking for a job this year, the feeling of finding something in a weak economy that you actually love to do and know you can excel in is awesome. Don't forget, though - keep a good work/life balance. Although many people that take a job in an area that has always been a hobby for them find themselves in the perfect situation, there are just as many others that somehow end up eventually hating their work and with it, their hobby. It sounds like to have a good head on your shoulders and a positive attitude, so I assume you will fall in the first category and not the second. Good luck on your new career!

Time to hit Macy's (formely known as Filene's...:mad:) and spring for a couple of new shirts/pants to look your best... now that you represent Harpoon to the public!

(...I mention it 'cause SWMBO got me two new pants, and that surprisingly spruced up my spring outfits quite a bit)

Congrats GloHoppa!!! I wish I could get Harpoon beers here in Seattle, why don't you get to work on that first thing. :D

Cheers :mug:

Congrats GloHoppa!!! I wish I could get Harpoon beers here in Seattle, why don't you get to work on that first thing. :D

Cheers :mug:

if you can come to the brewery i could fill up a few growlers for ya ;)

Back