Just getting started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accorn46

Reaction score
I'm just curious I'm new to the whole idea of home brewing about the only thing I have ever really successfully made was wine from welch's grape juice and that's about all of my experence.Recently I have become interested in ginger beers esp those made by reeds ginger brews and I like them but I don't think I can continue buying them at $5.49 a case so I'm interested in trying to brew some myself. It seems like it would be a pretty simple process and I wouldn't be spending much more money then I am now just buying Reed's Ginger brew in stores around here.I just wanted a little feedback though as a newbie I'm not quite sure if this would be a good place to start.Thanks:rockin::rolleyes:

I've never made ginger beer myself, but I am sure somebody around here has and will be happy to help you along. This is one of those hobbies where there is a little bit of a start-up cost, but then ingredients are generally a cheapish. After that, however, you will want to keep adding more and more toys to your arsenal as you get addicted. I would definitely say that producing cheaper beer than you can get at the store is the primary reason why people homebrew.

I must be buying my beer at the wrong store ($5.49/case) I pay more than that for a six pack. Anyway, brewing is easy, relaxing and rewarding in many ways. You will come to find that you can brew better beer than you can usually buy. You can check the recipe database(in the page header)for a ginger beer. Look in the spice/herb/vegetable beer Since you are just starting you will probably brew extract first. If you find and all grain recipe that you think you want it can be converted to extract. HBTers enjoy helping new brewers.

I must be buying my beer at the wrong store ($5.49/case) I pay more than that for a six pack. Anyway, brewing is easy, relaxing and rewarding in many ways. You will come to find that you can brew better beer than you can usually buy. You can check the recipe database(in the page header)for a ginger beer. Look in the spice/herb/vegetable beer Since you are just starting you will probably brew extract first. If you find and all grain recipe that you think you want it can be converted to extract. HBTers enjoy helping new brewers.

Reed's are non alchoholic, that's why they're less than the price of beer...and mighty tasty!

Thanks for that correction Revvy, I have never seen them in my stores. I assumed by the word beer, well you know.

Yeah.....When people mention ginger beer on here I'm never sure either (except for reed's which goes great with conred beef sandwiches, btw).

I make ginger beer...meaning alchohol....Those darn soft drink makers need to call it something less confusing, darnit!:D

Back