Just finished my first Wit, I am ready for summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well I forgot to start taking pictures at the beginning, but here goes, I brewed BMs impromtu Wit I guess you could call it, look here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/just-another-brew-day-pics-99893/

Anyways, here goes, I used WLP400 instead so S-04 as I really wanted that wit taste. Here is the starter and yes it is that ghetto.

Next are some of the ingredients, fresh orange zest, coriander, pepper, tea

Then the dog wanted to let me know she was ready to brew too.

Closeup of the crushed goodness, this stuff smells so good I was about the rub it on a steak and grill it up

OP
humann_brewing

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Boiling time with the hops floating in a painters straining bag. I couldn't find long enough carrige bolts to finish my hops strainer so this was the comprimise

More ingredients

Ever had one of those nutty brewnettes?

sealed up until I threw them in to preserve all the freshness I can

OP
humann_brewing

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe with adjunts spread across it

The have a homebrew while brewing shot and browsing HBT

Happy dog

Straining the late additions

Reaction score
I brewed this saturday as well. Hydro sample was very flavorful. I used Y3944 Wyeast Belgian Wit yeast and my blowoff had stopped vomiting this morning when I checked on it. fermenting at 68F. I'm going to be adding a normal airlock tonight.

OP
humann_brewing

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks I will add some more pics of the fermentation which has been moving along very nicely. I am not getting the citrisy smell so much as other describe about a fermenting wit.

BeerPressure

Reaction score
How was that zester to use? I just made a wit with a grater style zester and it was a pain in the ass to zest and i got an orange paste instead of actual zest

OP
humann_brewing

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
How was that zester to use? I just made a wit with a grater style zester and it was a pain in the ass to zest and i got an orange paste instead of actual zest
It worked great, just a couple second learning curve to figure out which way you are suppose to pull on the thing. The SMWBO got it but now I have a reason to use it :)

Reaction score
I used a regular grater as well but used the largest holes on it. Got a lot finer grate than Humann but it worked. The bigger strips would have been nice for straining though :)

RCannin

Reaction score
Killer props on the Swisher stir plate. I've got a Romeo y Julieta cigar box!