Just Finished My First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyNameIsPaul

Reaction score
Just finished my first ever brewday! It went really well, Defalcos kit had everything I needed and gave very idiot-proof directions.

Here's the stats:
Hefeweizen (Thomas Coopers Wheat LME)
2# Unmalted Wheat Extract
Munich Yeast
U.S. Tettnanger Hop Pellets
SG Before Fermentation: 1.042

I'll rack to secondary next Saturday and hope for the best. :rockin:

Hope it works out for you. Watch the fermentation temps. There is nothing like having that first glass.. :mug:

I've got it in the guest bathroom that never gets used, in the dark, about 74 Degrees, thats about as cold as I can get it in there without making my energy bill skyrocket in the Texas Summer heat. I was sweating like a pig while brewing this morning, and loved every second of it!

Hope it works out for you. Watch the fermentation temps. There is nothing like having that first glass.. :mug:

Just had that first glass that you speak of...all I can say is that the sense of pride and accomplishment was a great feeling, and it tastes great! My GF, who loves wheat beers, even approves. What a great start to a Friday night. :rockin:

The guest bathroom is a great place for fermentation. If you have a "blow out", it makes clean up a breeze :)

Seriously, I use our guest bathroom for brewing. It has no windows, north side of the house and coolest room in the house. I use it with a "poor man's water jacket" going in the bathtub to keep my fermentation temps down.

Welcome to a totally addicting hobby!!! Keep the pipeline stocked!

Back