Just Finished My First Brew

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

MyNameIsPaul

Reaction score
Just finished my first ever brewday! It went really well, Defalcos kit had everything I needed and gave very idiot-proof directions.

Here's the stats:
Hefeweizen (Thomas Coopers Wheat LME)
2# Unmalted Wheat Extract
Munich Yeast
U.S. Tettnanger Hop Pellets
SG Before Fermentation: 1.042

I'll rack to secondary next Saturday and hope for the best. :rockin:

OP
MyNameIsPaul

MyNameIsPaul

Reaction score
Hope it works out for you. Watch the fermentation temps. There is nothing like having that first glass.. :mug:
I've got it in the guest bathroom that never gets used, in the dark, about 74 Degrees, thats about as cold as I can get it in there without making my energy bill skyrocket in the Texas Summer heat. I was sweating like a pig while brewing this morning, and loved every second of it!

OP
MyNameIsPaul

MyNameIsPaul

Reaction score
Hope it works out for you. Watch the fermentation temps. There is nothing like having that first glass.. :mug:
Just had that first glass that you speak of...all I can say is that the sense of pride and accomplishment was a great feeling, and it tastes great! My GF, who loves wheat beers, even approves. What a great start to a Friday night. :rockin:

LaurieGator

Reaction score
The guest bathroom is a great place for fermentation. If you have a "blow out", it makes clean up a breeze :)

Seriously, I use our guest bathroom for brewing. It has no windows, north side of the house and coolest room in the house. I use it with a "poor man's water jacket" going in the bathtub to keep my fermentation temps down.

Welcome to a totally addicting hobby!!! Keep the pipeline stocked!