Just finished building my BIAB 5500w single vessel system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studmonk3y

Reaction score
Just finished putting this together. I've been slowly working on it for 8 months now, but life got in the way (including buying and moving into a new house). Found some time this weekend to get the last bits pieced together. Will do a mock run with water learn the system and get more familiar with the EZBoil before I brew my first batch on it.

Gl6SSOP.jpg

Backside of the system. The brew stand is a harbor freight hydraulic lift table, good for 500 pounds. You can also see the riptide pump and Brundog's steam condenser (what new build is complete without one). Control panel is mounted on a tv stand.

u9TxkhG.jpg

Most of the components are from Brewhardware.com, including the sight glass. My silver soldering was a little sloppy but it got the job done.

h6Hj29y.jpg

Front of the control panel. All components from Auberins, including the EZBoil. Wanted the satisfaction of building it from scratch myself, even though they have similar builds that are turn-key and cheaper once you factor the time I spent building.

naHexwW.jpg

Space was tight so the logo got moved to the side. Happy with the look though, creeping around the corner is very cephalopod.

iyQ2ZdC.jpg

Hop basket, recirculating arm and dip tube.

nb5C2hW.jpg

Closer shot of the riptide pump.

UswZw5n.jpg

Mounted the plate chiller a little later.

I just wanted to say that this looks awesome!

I was halfway through designing somwsomet very similar to this when the SSBt stuff started percolating. I may yet go this route and will remember this thread for reference.

Happy brewing

How have the temp readings been on your controller relative to the actual kettle using a thermometer? The temp probe just seems to be out of the way and not in contact with recirculating wort.

How have the temp readings been on your controller relative to the actual kettle using a thermometer? The temp probe just seems to be out of the way and not in contact with recirculating wort.

That will be something I'll test when I'm running the water trial.

oe8QEtU.jpg

ufpLpJ8.jpg

The temp probe is about 3 inches from the dip tube and about 6 inches from the recirculating arm. The wort will be pumped in a counter-clockwise direction which means the wort sampled will be be right before it hits the heating element again.

Great looking build!

I really like the pump/chiller/panel/stand integration. One part I am lacking is a nicely integrated stand, I really like what you have done there.

Wow. That’s a long probe. That’s what she said. Sorry. Couldn’t help myself. I had assumed that the probe was farther back in the t fitting setup. That looks great.

Back