Just drank MY first real homebrew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefBrew

Reaction score
:ban:So I'd just like to say that my first homebrewed beer is an English Brown ale, and it rocked so hard that I am officially hooked for life. I craked the first bottle open tonight. It couldn't have been more perfect. The color, the carbonation, the hops; all perfect. I am currently patting myself on the back, and feel like a little girl on prom night. I don't see a future without homeade beer, and I'm starting the campaign for a kegerator christmas gift from any family member that cares.

Thank you, and good night.:mug:

Great feeling isn't it. My first one was anything but perfect, but it certainly looked perfect in my eyes the first time I drank it. And they will only get better. Congrats!

Now that's what I call paying attention to detail. Good going!!!
That's what being a good brewer is. If you do enough things right you are rewarded with awesome beer.:mug:

I tossed my first batch but and #2 was a little too diluted but I was walking on cloud 9 when I popped one open and it TASTED LIKE BEER!!

fat x nub - I had a special experience last night - I petted a wild baby squirrel in the tummy!! long story but it was a magical moment . . AND I don't need rabies shots!

And get another batch underway if you haven't already

Yea - I was surprised at how fast it went. Friends and coming out party's and poof all of a sudden I'm down to a 6-pack.

Good thing I have 2 batches bottle conditioning and 2 more in carboys!

Congratulations! +1 on getting another batch going. Batches 3 & 4 soon would help too. You will be amazed at how fast they will go. Enemies will become friends, friends will turn to mooches, mooches will start stealing....:D

yep, agreed, better start the pipeline now. That batch will be gone in no time. Set a few back and try it again in 6 months. I thought my first batch was the best ever, then me and SWMBO shared the 750mL bottle I'd set back so she could try it after having the baby. Wish I'd let them all sit that long!

:ban:I'm starting the campaign for a kegerator christmas gift from any family member that cares.

Thank you, and good night.:mug:

+1 on the kegerator. I waited 3 years before setting up a kegerator (due to lack of space). The first time I tapped a glass off my keg I knew I'd never bottle another beer in my life, unless absolutely nessecary.

of course, there's also partial mash, full boils, propane burners all grain, MLT's, HLT's and all sorts of other stuff that you'll be hooked on sooner or later...

congrats! just racked my first brew to 2ndary today. checked the G and tasted the sample, it was actually beer!! couldn't believe it! cant wait to get it bottled in a few weeks

Congratulations on the success!

Save two or three bottles. Label them and put them on the wall.
Take one down in a year.
You might be surprised with the results. :rockin:

I'm really close to bottling my first batch of English Brown Ale and this thread has got me pumped! Congrats!

Back